Saturday 26 November 2011

To live loved...a poem by rosemary

To live loved

So often what I know by head
My heart can not get round
Your love for me is something Lord
I find hard to understand
I long so much to be secure
To feel certain that I am yours
Yet echoes from my painful heart
Keep leaving me unsure.

Oh yes I know you love me Lord
I’m told so many times
Then I think that other’s needs
Mean more to you than mine

So thank you Lord for telling me
With patient loving care
Your love for me is just unique
Just yours and mine to share
There is a ‘me’ place in your heart
That only I can fill
And I can rest within that place
Secure and safe and still

Your heart of love is infinite
Is endless, perfect, true
You love us each uniquely Lord
Each one-on-one with you
There is a place within your heart
That only we can fill
And as we learn to live life loved
We learn to love as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment