Saturday 12 November 2011

Poems from an up and down week....by Rosemary

This week has been a bit up and down, and the downs were just about as low as they get, to the point of feeling like giving up. Yet through the depression, weariness and tears God still keeps his hand on me. When I can't 'see' him through the gloom and my mind plays tricks on my logic and reason, then His 'Rod and Staff' still comfort me. When all I can do is cry out, his hand is there to strengthen me and help me carry on. The weariness doesn't necessarily vanish, but I am not alone.

The following are two poems from this week's struggle. They may be a bit rough around the edges, but maybe they will resonate and hopefully encourage someone else, somewhere, sometime, somehow.


Waves

Waves of despair wash over me
I am so close, so close to giving up
Logic and sense fight through the darkness
Only to be washed away in helplessness
Oh Lord, I cry out to you
I cannot carry on
I long so much for quick escape
From this ache deep in my heart
Weariness and sadness leak from my eyes
Anger and frustration too
As I face my weakness once again
Lord I need some light from you
I need your help so much my God
Don’t let go through all my gloom
Stay always ever at my side
Change the waves to those of mercy soon.

---------------------------------------------------------

Longing

Oh to see your beauty Lord
To recognise your face
To understand and hear your voice
To frolic in your grace
Oh Lord, to walk close by your side
To feel your presence near
And to experience your love
Free from all doubts and fears
I long to know you’re really here
Your evidence to show
So others see and sense and hear
And long to know you too

No comments:

Post a Comment