Saturday 4 February 2012

More poems by Rosemary

I wonder if anyone reads these things or if they are just floating somewhere in cyberspace. Anyway after a couple of conversations this morning at church, I decided to trawl through my poems searching for a couple of ones that had popped into my mind.

So if you are reading this, here are three more poems which may or may not touch a spot in someones heart.

Of Giants and Grasshoppers

Lord, now look at where you’ve led me,
See, there’s a giant in my path!
He’s really big, mean and ferocious
And I really can’t get past.

Lord, now look at where you’ve led me,
This must be a big mistake.
I think I’ll take a look around me
And find another path to take.

Lord, I’ve just looked where you’ve led me,
Now I see the way is good.
I looked and saw you there beside me
And finally I understood.

This fearsome giant that stands before me,
Compared to you, I realize
Is really not at all much bigger
Than a mere grasshopper’s size  

**********************************************************************************


In the Night


In the dark night I lie sleeping
Armour discarded by my bed
My sword lying useless on the floor-
That’s when the enemy quietly creeps in,
As in weariness I slumber
I get ambushed yet again.
But you my Lord are still right here
I am shielded by your wing
Never sleeping, always watchful
You are protector, guardian, friend

In the half-light time of dreaming
When the doubts and lies crowd in
In that time of sleepy weakness
That's when the enemy strikes again
But Lord, your love is all around
You’re my shield, my conquering King
I need not fear the darkness
When your love-light burns within

**********************************************************************************

I WILL LIE DOWN AND REST

I will lie down and rest in peace
For his wing of love is above me
To shelter me

I will lie down and rest in peace
For his mountain of strength surrounds me
To protect me

I will lie down and rest in peace
For his right hand is beneath me
To support me

I will lie down and rest in peace
For his spirit is within me
To quieten me with his love 


No comments:

Post a Comment